The Vardy Community Presbyterian Church was organized in the 1890s as a result of the Presbyterian Mission School Movement. The land was donated by Batey and Cynthia Collins. The community came together to donate lumber and labor to construct the church building. Construction of the church began in 1892 and was dedicated February 26, 1899. Reverends Christopher Humble and H.P. Cory served as circuit ministers until the Presbyterian Women's Board appointed Annie B. Miller and Maggie Axtell as missionaries to serve Vardy Community. The Home Mission movement to improve the lives of the residents of Vardy community began at this time.